HOW TO SET FINANCIAL GOALS.
It is natural to feel lost and overwhelmed as you begin to think about setting and balancing your financial goals. Here are a few tips that would help with that;
- FIND YOUR INSPIRATION: Think not just about what you want to achieve but also why you want to achieve it, attaching reasons to your goals can put them in a perspective and fuel motivation, example; build up an emergency fund so you can afford to pay rent if you lose your job. Setting clear and realistic goals can increase your likelihood of success.
- EXAMINE YOUR SITUATION: Looking at where you stand right now can help set you on the right trajectory, whether your ambitions are short term, long term, or yet to be identified. Ask yourself how much money you have and figure that out because you can’t decide on your financial goal without knowing how much you have and where it is going. Assess your income, debts, and budget, these will help determine and prioritize your goals.
- APPLY A SMART-GOAL STRATEGY: Quentara Costa, a certified financial planner says, a strong basis for setting any goal is to make sure it’s SMART. That is, make certain your ambitions are Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Timely.
- CREATE A BUDGET: Create a realistic budget that can keep your objectives clear, organized, and tangible, this should handle what’s coming in and what’s going out. Then work with it to address your goals, use this to fix your financial leaks. Visit www.payflow.ng on more information on how to create a budget.
- TREAT YOURSELF: Reward yourself for making progress and completing objectives, once you’ve handled your high priority goals, you can focus on more exciting goals.
With these few tips, you get to analyse your own priorities and figure out what to do with your hard earned money.