Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- To assess lending risks and make lending decisions;
- To search Credit Reference Agencies’ and Fraud Prevention Agencies’ records (including information from overseas);
- To service our relationship with you and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To understand your financial needs and to help us provide you with information about our products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, if you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To identify and prevent fraud, money laundering and other criminal activities;
- For the purposes of debt collection, including providing your data to third party debt collectors;
- For statistical analysis;
- To develop and improve our products and service that we provide;
- To evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing of the website;
- To carry out regulatory checks;
- For market research;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- For other purposes for which you give your permission;
- MKOBO shall use personal information to provide you with better customer services and products.
- MKOBO staff and all third parties with permitted access to your information are specifically required to observe our confidentiality obligations.
- MKOBO collects personal information that we believe to be relevant and required to understand your financial needs and to conduct our business.
- MKOBO may pass your personal information to other MKOBO subsidiaries or agents, as permitted by law.
- We maintain strict security systems designed to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information by anyone, including our staff.
- MKOBO may be required from time to time to disclose your personal information to Governmental or judicial bodies or agencies or our regulators, but we will only do so under proper authority.
We may collect and process information about you in a number of ways:
- Most of your data will be collected by us directly from the information you input when using our website or by completing an offline application form.
- We collect information regarding your repayment history and details of transactions you carry out with us;
- We collect information about you from third party credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies and other information providers and we use this information to check the information that you provide to us;
- We may collect information from you by asking you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- We may collect information from you when you provide feedback to us;
- We may ask you for information when you participate in competitions that we sponsor;
- We may ask you for information when you report problems with our site;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We may collect details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data;
- At MKOBO, security is our top priority and we always strive to ensure that your personal data shall be protected against unauthorised or accidental access. We maintain this commitment to data security by implementing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure your personal data with us.
- Our web servers are protected behind "firewalls" and our systems are monitored to prevent any unauthorised access. We will not send personal information to you by ordinary email. As the security of ordinary email cannot be guaranteed, you should only send email to us using the secure email facility on our website.
- All practical steps shall be taken to ensure that personal data will not be kept longer than necessary and that the Bank will comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements concerning the retention of personally identifiable information.
- Our commitment to Data Security is paramount to us at MKOBO. Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized members of staff, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information.
- MKOBO and its customers shall play an important role in protecting against online fraud. You should be careful that your bank account details including your User ID and/or Password are not compromised by ensuring that you do not knowingly or accidentally share, provide or facilitate unauthorised use of it. Do not share your User ID and/or password or allow access or use of it by others. MKOBO endeavours to put in place high standards of security to protect your interests.
- You should safeguard your unique User ID and Password by keeping it secret and confidential. Never write them down or share these details with anyone. In the event that you think and or know your User ID and/or password has been disclosed to a third party, is lost or stolen and unauthorised transactions may have been conducted, you are responsible to inform us immediately.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Use of "cookies” Your visit to this site may be recorded for analysis on the number of visitors to the site and general usage patterns. Some of this information will be gathered through the use of "cookies". Cookies are small bits of information that are automatically stored on a person's web browser in their computer that can be retrieved by this site. Should you wish to disable these cookies you may do so by changing the setting on your browser.
- The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site.
- Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
PRIVACY CONTACT INFORMATION
By e-mail: email@example.com